[APWG] Invaders of the Sage Sea

NORMAN NELSON echofilm at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 16 16:55:58 CST 2004

Echo Films productions has been researching the invasive plant issue and its
impacts
on wildlife habitat, fire, grazing, and land rehabilitation with an eye on
making
"Invaders of the Sage Sea" a one hour television documentary.
We have a film treatment completed and would like to share it with those who
have an interest in the subject.  At the present time we are finishing our
research
and orienting our efforts toward sponsorship, grant possibilities, and
broadcasters
in order to go into production.
We see the invasive plant impact in the Great Basin as the most serious
threat  to
wildlife sustainability, displacement of native plants, and man's ability to
counter
fire.  At the sametime new herbicides, seed drills, native seed
combinations, and
land  rehabilitation work have succeeded in areas of Idaho, south eastern
Oregon,
and parts of Northern Nevada.
If you would like to read the treatment, or give us advice on funding this
project
let us know.  In June we had an article on this project in Rangelands
entitled
Invasive Plants from a Filmmakers Perspective.
Thank you
Norman Nelson
Producer/director
--