[APWG] [Wineberry] Those they leave for me to enjoy. Why is that?

SteveYoung at aol.com SteveYoung at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 19:17:47 CDT 2004

I have to comment that for many exotic invasives the native birds seem quite
content to eat their fruit, alas hastening their spread. For example, Winged
Euonymus, non-native Lonicera species, Multiflora Rose, and White Mulberry to
mention a few. There may be some additional factor than general unfamiliarity
of the exotic plant. For example, the dense spininess of Wineberry may be
especially repellent to native birds...? Just a thought. Cheers,

    Steve Young

 In a message dated 6/30/04 5:04:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ialm at erols.com