[APWG] Any information on prevention practices and how they c an reduce rate of spread?

Joy_Marburger at nps.gov Joy_Marburger at nps.gov
Tue Feb 17 11:49:37 CST 2004

----- Forwarded by Joy Marburger/INDU/NPS on 02/17/2004 11:47 AM -----

                      "Waltz, Bob"
                      <bwaltz at dnr.state        To:       "'Woods, Brock'"
                      .in.us>                   <Brock.Woods at dnr.state.wi.us>,
                                                Joy_Marburger at nps.gov, "Waltz, Bob"
                      02/16/2004 08:08          <bwaltz at dnr.state.in.us>, "Dunbar, Rich"
                      AM EST                    <RDunbar at dnr.state.in.us>, steve at coffeecreekwc.org,
                                                Steve_Yancho at nps.gov, Carmen_Chapin at nps.gov
                                               cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: [APWG] Any information on prevention
                                                practices and how they c   an reduce rate of spread?

All,

One useful example is the Gypsy Moth Slow the Spread (STS) project funded
by
USDA Forest Service and USDA APHIS PPQ.  It is implemented across 9 states
from North Carolina into Minnesota, the area includes North Carolina,
Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and
Minnesota.   They have a national website housed at VPI which includes
discussions of dispersal rates with controls in place and without controls.
They are discovering that that rate of dispersal is regionally impacted,
some parts of the region respond more favorably than expected and some
parts
of the nation respond less favorably to the controls implemented.

Bob